Koinstrap Terms Of Service
Last modified: March 2019
The terms of service is a binding agreement between you and Koinstrap Technologies Limited (“Koinstrap”), a company incorporated under the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and govern your access to and use of the Koinstrap digital asset exchange platform (the "Koinstrap website"). For further information on Koinstrap Technologies Limited, and its operating subsidiaries, see the company page on our website for extra information. For the purposes of these Terms, any reference to (“we” “us” “our” “Koinstrap”) and/or any similar term shall be considered as reference to Koinstrap Technologies Limited.
By registering a Koinstrap Account, you accept these terms and agree to be bound by and act in accordance with them. You also accept and agree that you are fully responsible for understanding and complying with all laws, rules, regulations and requirements of the jurisdiction in which you live that may be applicable to your use of the Koinstrap website and/or your Koinstrap account.
AMENDMENT OF TERMS
Koinstrap may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
REGISTRATION AND ONBOARDING
The Koinstrap website requires you to register in before you can perform any activity on it, you are also required to provide accurate and complete registration information. It is your responsibility to update and maintain any changes to that information by altering your details as appropriate.
The service allows you access to use the registration form found on the Platform on the basis that:
- You satisfy all the eligibility criteria stipulated in clause 3 below;
- Your personal details including your email address and password are personal to you and may not be used by anyone else;
- You shall not do anything to assist anyone who is not a registered user to gain unauthorized access to any area of the Platform or use your account to carry out transactions on behalf of a third party;
- You submit and consent to all verification of all KYC documentation, including but not limited to BVN validation and anti-money laundering checks that may be conducted by Koinstrap in compliance with applicable laws;
- You will not use your Koinstrap Account for or in relation to any illegal or prohibited activity in violation of any laws, statutes, ordinances or regulations;
- You shall not maliciously create accounts for the purpose of abusing the functionality of the Platform, or other users, nor do you seek to pass yourself off as another user;
- You are responsible for all activities that occur under your account, regardless of whether the activities are undertaken by you, your employees or a third party (including a spouse, children and other relatives) and, except to the extent caused by our breach of this Terms.
- We and our affiliates shall not responsible for unauthorized access to your account, and you will contact us immediately you notice an unauthorized third party may be using your account or if your account information is lost or stolen; and
- You shall comply at all times with the terms herein (as may be amended from time to time).
By opening a Koinstrap Account, you expressly warrant and represent that:
- You are 18 years of age or over and have full capacity to accept the Terms and enter any transaction available through the Platform;
- You will not open, or attempt to open, a Koinstrap Account under any name except your own; or use your Koinstrap Account to carry out transactions on behalf of a third party;
- You will follow the Koinstrap business account application process if you seek to open and use a Koinstrap Account for a non-individual legal entity (e.g. a company, trust or partnership);
- You will not have more than one Koinstrap Account; use or access any Koinstrap Account other than your own; or assist any other person in obtaining unauthorized access to any Koinstrap Account;
- You will provide security for transactions carried out through your Koinstrap Account by ensuring there is sufficient Local Currency or digital currency (as the case may be) in your Koinstrap Account in advance of any transaction;
- You will not allow or facilitate the deposit of Local Currency into your Koinstrap Account unless that deposit is made in accordance with the Deposit Requirements stated on our website from time to time;
- You will not allow or facilitate the withdrawal of Local Currency from your Koinstrap Wallet to a bank account held in the name of a third party (see Withdrawals);
- You will not use your Koinstrap Account for or in relation to any illegal activity, any Prohibited Activity, in violation of any laws, statutes, ordinances or regulations, or in breach of Koinstrap’s Export Controls and Sanctions requirements;
- You are not a national or resident of the United States of America. Reference in these Terms to “Local Currency” means fiat or government issued currency (e.g. NGN, USD, GBP, EUR).
We retain the absolute right to prevent you from accessing the Platform, without prejudice to any of our accrued rights, where the Platform, at our sole discretion, consider that you have, or are contravening the Terms.
By opening a Koinstrap Account you accept and agree that Koinstrap may, without further notice and in its sole discretion, terminate, suspend or restrict the account of any customer who uses, or who we reasonably suspect may be using, the Platform or any Koinstrap Account in a manner that is inconsistent with the letter or spirit of these Terms.
Before using the Platform, you should ensure that you understand the risks involved in buying, selling or trading digital currencies. Digital currency markets are volatile and prices can fluctuate significantly, which could result in sudden and significant increases or decreases in the value of your assets. This market volatility and other risks involved in buying, selling or trading digital currencies are explained on this teens page of the Koinstrap website. There may be additional risks not identified in these Terms.
You should carefully assess whether your financial situation and risk tolerance is suitable for buying, selling or trading digital currency. You accept and agree that you are solely responsible for any decision to buy, sell, trade or otherwise hold or deal with digital currency
Koinstrap implements and can boast of maintaining the highest standards of Know Your Customer (“KYC”) processes and controls as part of our commitment to combating fraud and assisting in the prevention of money laundering. While our industry is largely unregulated, Koinstrap voluntarily adheres to local and international compliance standards in relation to customer due diligence, as explained on the Compliance page of the Koinstrap website.
To ensure we meet these standards, our customers are required to provide certain personal details and documents when opening a Koinstrap Account (“Identity Verification”). The nature and extent of the Identity Verification required will depend upon which of our supported countries you are resident in, and the deposit and withdrawal limits that you wish to apply to your Koinstrap Account. You accept and agree that you will remain subject to such procedures at all times.
Koinstrap reserves the right to, at any time:
- restrict or suspend your Koinstrap Account when we, in our sole discretion, consider it necessary to carry out further Identity Verification and/or (Ensure Due Diligence) EDD; or
- terminate your Koinstrap Account if you provide, or we suspect you have provided, false information or refuse to provide information we require for Identity Verification and/or (Ensure Due Diligence) EDD.
You accept and agree that there may be delays in accessing your Koinstrap Account, or in carrying out transactions through your Koinstrap Account, while we undertake any Identity Verification and/or (Ensure Due Diligence) EDD procedures.
Retention of information: Koinstrap is required to retain certain information and documentation obtained as part of the Identity Verification procedure. These requirements apply even when you have terminated your relationship with Koinstrap. We reserve the right to keep such information and document for a required period and you accept and agree that information and documents you provide to Koinstrap may be retained by us, including following the closure of your Koinstrap Account.
THE KOINSTRAP WALLET
The Koinstrap Wallet allows you to send, receive and store digital currency (together, “Koinstrap Wallet Transactions”).
Supported Digital Currencies: Koinstrap Wallet is only available in relation to the digital currencies that is listed on the Koinstrap website, in its sole discretion, decides to support (“Supported Digital Currency” or “Supported Digital Currencies”). The Supported Digital Currencies may change from time to time. Under no circumstances should you attempt to carry out a Koinstrap Wallet Transaction in relation to a digital currency other than a Supported Digital Currency. In particular, but without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you accept and agree that you will have no access, entitlement or claim:
- to any digital currency sent to a receive address associated with your Koinstrap Wallet where that digital currency is not a Supported Digital Currency; or
- to any digital currency sent to a receive address associated with your Koinstrap Wallet, where that receive address is associated with another digital currency. For example, you will have no access, entitlement or claim to any Bitcoin Cash (BCH) sent to a Bitcoin (BTC) receiving address.
Information about the Supported Digital Currencies can be found on the Koinstrap website.
Local Currency in your Koinstrap Wallet: Local Currency deposited into your Koinstrap Wallet is solely for:
1. the purchase of Supported Digital Currencies and/or
Proceeds from the sale of Supported Digital Currencies will be credited to your Local Currency Koinstrap Wallet, less any applicable fees (as explained in Fees, and on the Fees and Features section of the Koinstrap website). Koinstrap does not pay interest on Local Currency or Supported Digital Currency balances held in your Koinstrap Wallet.
Transaction instructions. Koinstrap will process Koinstrap Wallet Transactions according to your instructions. You accept and agree that Koinstrap does not:
- guarantee the identity of any user, receiver, or other party to a Koinstrap Wallet Transaction. You are solely responsible for ensuring all transaction details are correct, and you should carefully verify all transaction information prior to submitting transaction instructions to Koinstrap;
- have any control over, or any liability in relation to, the delivery, quality or any other aspect of any goods or services that you may buy from or sell to any third party. Koinstrap shall not be responsible for, and will take no action in relation to, ensuring that any buyer or seller you transact with using your Koinstrap Wallet completes the relevant transaction or has the requisite authority to do so.
Receiving digital currency. You may receive Supported Digital Currency into your Koinstrap Wallet by providing the sender with a receive address generated in your Koinstrap Wallet. Your Koinstrap Wallet will only be credited with Supported Digital Currency sent to a receive address generated through your Koinstrap Wallet and associated with that Supported Digital Currency. For example, your Koinstrap Wallet will be credited with bitcoin when it is sent to an BTC receiving address generated on your Koinstrap Wallet.
Funds received in error. In the event you know, suspect, or should reasonably know or suspect, that any Local Currency or digital currency has been credited to your Koinstrap Wallet (or to any bank account) in error, you must immediately notify Koinstrap of the error by contacting the Koinstrap Help Centre. You accept and agree that you have no claim or entitlement to any Local Currency or digital currency received in error, and must immediately return such funds in accordance with the instructions received from Koinstrap
Where your identity has been verified, you may deposit Local Currency into your Koinstrap Wallet by depositing funds into a Koinstrap bank account (a “Deposit”).
Details of Koinstrap bank account into which you must make the Deposit will be provided to you by Koinstrap, and any such bank account will be held and operated by a Koinstrap operating entity in your country or region. You accept and agree that any information you provide to Koinstrap may be shared with such local entity, which will process Local Currency transactions in accordance with Koinstrap’s instructions.
The payment methods by which you may Deposit Local Currency will depend upon the country you are in, and are set out on the Features page of the Koinstrap website (for the purposes of these Terms, the “Supported Deposit Methods”). Where you have made a Deposit using a Supported Deposit Method, and have adhered to the Deposit Requirements (explained below), your Deposit will be allocated to your Koinstrap Wallet.
Due to legal and operational constraints, you must strictly adhere to the following Deposit requirements (the “Deposit Requirements”):
- you may only make a Deposit from a bank account (or other Supported Deposit Method) held in your own name. You must not allow any third party to make a Deposit into your Koinstrap Wallet;
- you may only Deposit Local Currency from a bank account (or other Supported Deposit Method) compatible with the deposit methods available in your country or region;
- you may only make Deposits denominated in the Local Currency associated with your Koinstrap Wallet. For example, if you have a NGN wallet, you must only make Deposits in Nigerian Naira;
You agree to abide by the Deposit Requirements and agree and accept that failure to do so may cause delay in or failure of any Deposit reflecting in your Koinstrap Wallet, and/or restriction, suspension or termination of your Koinstrap Account.
Allocation of deposits: When you request to make a Deposit through your Koinstrap Wallet, you will be provided with a Reference Number or Unique Deposit Amount. To permit timely and successful allocation of a Deposit to your Koinstrap Wallet, you must use the Reference Number or Unique Deposit Amount when you make an online bank transfer or use any other Supported Deposit Method. Koinstrap will not be responsible for any delay in or non-allocation of Deposits to your Koinstrap Wallet where you fail to specify the required Reference Number or Unique Deposit Amount.
Deposits may take time to reflect in your Koinstrap Wallet due to bank processing times, operational processes, and/or failure by you to adhere to the Deposit Requirements. Under no circumstances will Koinstrap have any liability to you in relation to any delay in or failure of a Deposit reflecting in your Koinstrap Wallet.
Koinstrap will make all reasonable efforts to allocate Deposits that do not meet the Deposit Requirements. However, any Deposits less than the Minimum Unallocated Deposit Amount that cannot be allocated within a month period will be retained by Koinstrap and you accept and agree that you shall have no further claim or entitlement to such funds.
Where you have added your local bank account details to your Koinstrap Account, you may withdraw funds from your Koinstrap Wallet to your bank account (a “Withdrawal”). Koinstrap will process Withdrawals in accordance with your instructions. You are solely responsible for ensuring that any Withdrawal instructions provided to Koinstrap, including the relevant bank account number, are complete and correct and you accept and agree that under no circumstances will Koinstrap be under any obligation to reverse or amend any Withdrawal.
Koinstrap will make all reasonable efforts to process Withdrawals each business day, in accordance with the Deposit and Withdrawal Schedule on the Koinstrap website, but you accept and agree that Koinstrap provides no guarantee in relation to the Withdrawal processing period.
Withdrawals to the bank account of any third party are expressly prohibited: You agree not to make, or attempt to make, any Withdrawal of funds from your Koinstrap Wallet to the bank account of a third party and accept that any such Withdrawal may be refused and/or result in the restriction, suspension or termination of your Koinstrap Account.
The fees applicable to transactions undertaken on the Platform can be viewed on the features page of the Koinstrap website. Koinstrap reserves the right to change our fees at any time and will update the Fees and Features page accordingly. In certain circumstances, and at our sole discretion, Koinstrap may notify selected customers of a specific fee change, where we consider a change to be of particular relevance to such customers.
Send and Receive fees: You may be charged a fee to send Supported Digital Currency from your Koinstrap Wallet and/or to receive Supported Digital Currency into your Koinstrap Wallet. Fees will apply where Supported Digital Currency is sent to or received from a Supported Digital Currency address (e.g. a Bitcoin address); no fees will apply where Supported Digital Currency is sent to or received from a mobile telephone number or email address. Please see the Fees and Features page of the Koinstrap website for further information on send and receive fees.
Deposit and Withdrawal fees: All Withdrawals from your Koinstrap Wallet will incur a fee. Such fees differ by country and are set out on the Fees and Features page of the Koinstrap website. Some Deposits made using a Supported Deposit Method may incur a fee, as set out on the Fees and Features page, and cash Deposits may incur a Cash Deposit Penalty (see Deposits). Such fees will be displayed in your transaction history upon completion of the transaction.
Instant Buy and Sell fees: The quoted exchange rate in relation to any buy or sell order placed using the Instant Buy and Sell service will include an amount to reflect Koinstrap’s facilitation of the relevant trade, the percentage of which will vary with market conditions (see Instant Buy or Sell).
Trade fees: Koinstrap applies a [Maker / Taker fee structure] for customers using the Platform, which is explained in the Koinstrap Help Centre. Please consult the Fees and Features page of the Koinstrap website for further information on applicable Maker and Taker fees. Koinstrap will, at the time of any transaction on the Platform, notify you of any fees that will apply to the transaction. By proceeding with any transaction, you accept and agree to the applicable fees. Such fees will also be displayed in your transaction history upon completion of the transaction.
Koinstrap takes security very seriously and the measures we have in place to protect your Koinstrap Account are explained on the Security page of the Koinstrap website. However, you are solely responsible for:
- maintaining adequate security and control over your Koinstrap Account sign-in details, including but not limited to any passwords, personal identification numbers (PINs), API keys, or any other codes associated with your Koinstrap Account;
- enabling any additional security features available to you, including the activation of two factor authentication on your Koinstrap account (see the Koinstrap Help Centre);
- keeping your contact details up to date so that you can receive any notices or alerts we may send to you in relation to security (see Electronic Communications);
- maintaining security and control over the email mailbox, phone number and two factor authentication applications or devices associated with your Koinstrap Account.
Failure to take the above measures, and any other security measures available to you, may result in unauthorized access to your Koinstrap Account and the loss or theft of any digital currency and/or Local Currency balances held in your Koinstrap Wallet or any linked bank account(s). Koinstrap shall have no liability to you for or in connection with any unauthorized access to your Koinstrap Account, where such unauthorized access was due to no fault of Koinstrap, and/or any failure by you to act upon any notice or alert that we send to you.
The security of your Koinstrap Account may be compromised, or interruption caused to it, by phishing, spoofing or other attack, computer viruses, spyware, Trojan horses, worms or other malware that may affect your computer or other equipment. Koinstrap strongly recommends that you regularly use reputable virus screening and prevention software and remain alert to the fact that SMS, email services and search engines are vulnerable to spoofing and phishing attacks.
Care should be taken in reviewing messages purporting to originate from Koinstrap and, should you have any uncertainty regarding the authenticity of any communication, you should log in to your Koinstrap Account through the Koinstrap website ( https://koinstrap.com, and not any other domain name or website purporting to be, or to be related to, Koinstrap) to review any transactions or required actions.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, you accept and agree that you have full responsibility for all activity that occurs in or through your Koinstrap Account and accept all risks of any unauthorized or authorized access to your Koinstrap Account.
Private keys. Koinstrap securely stores all Supported Digital Currency private keys (“Private Keys”) associated with any Koinstrap Account. You accept and agree that Koinstrap shall retain full ownership and control of the Private Keys associated with your Koinstrap Account and that you shall have no control of, access to, or the ability to use, such Private Keys. For example, but without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Koinstrap will not:
- accept or adhere to any instruction to sign any data with a Private Key;
- give access to any funds associated with your private keys, other than those of the Supported Digital Currency associated with your digital currency wallet;
- allow the creation of any receive addresses associated with a Private Key other than receive addresses created through your Koinstrap Wallet. Koinstrap will not credit to your Koinstrap Wallet any digital currency associated with a Private Key other than where such funds have been received via a receive address generated through your Koinstrap Wallet.
While we will do everything we can to provide continuous operations, Koinstrap does not provide any warranty in relation to the availability of the Platform or your Koinstrap Account. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, we do not guarantee continuous access to the Platform or your Koinstrap Account and make no representation that the Platform, Koinstrap API, your Koinstrap Account and/or any products or services offered therein will be available without interruption; or that there will be no delays, failures, errors, omissions or loss of transmitted information.
TRANSACTIONS ON DIGITAL CURRENCY NETWORKS
When you use your Koinstrap Account to send or receive digital currency, the transaction must be confirmed and recorded in the public ledger associated with the relevant digital currency network (e.g. the Bitcoin network or the Ethereum network). That digital currency network is solely responsible for verifying and confirming any such transactions. Koinstrap cannot confirm, cancel or reverse transactions on a digital currency network, other than confirming to you that the network has completed the transaction. You accept and agree that:
- Once submitted to a digital currency network, a transaction will be unconliirmed for a period of time pending sufficient confirmation of the transaction by the network. A transaction is not complete while it is in a pending state. Funds associated with transactions that are in a pending state will be designated accordingly, and will not be included in your Koinstrap Wallet balance or be available to you to conduct transactions;
- When you send digital currency from your Koinstrap Account, you are authorizing us to submit your transaction request to the relevant digital currency network. Once a transaction request has been submitted to the relevant digital currency network, the network will automatically complete or reject the request and neither you or Koinstrap will be able to cancel or otherwise modify your transaction.
- Digital currency networks are operated by decentralized networks of independent third parties. They are not owned, controlled or operated by Koinstrap so we cannot ensure that any transaction details you submit will be confirmed by the relevant digital currency network. You agree that any transaction details you submit may not be completed, or may be substantially delayed, by the digital currency network used to process the transaction.
Network protocols and operating rules:The underlying software protocols that govern the operation of the Supported Digital Currencies are open source. Accordingly, anyone can use, copy, modify, and distribute them and Koinstrap has no ownership of or control over these protocols. By using the Platform, you accept and agree that:
- Koinstrap is not responsible for the operation of any digital currency network’s underlying software protocols and makes no guarantee as to their availability, security, or functionality; the underlying software protocols are subject to sudden changes in operating rules (known as “forks”), and that such forks may materially affect the value, function, and/or name of any digital currency you store in your Koinstrap Account. Should a fork occur, Koinstrap may, with or without notice to you, temporarily suspend our operations and, in our sole discretion, decide whether or not to support either branch of the forked protocol entirely; and
- in the event Koinstrap decides not to support a branch of a forked protocol, you will not be given access to the assets on that fork. Those assets will be securely held by Koinstrap and we will not buy or sell them.
INDEMNITY AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Neither we nor our directors, officers, employees or agents shall be liable for any losses, damages, costs or expenses incurred or suffered by you under these Terms unless arising directly from our or their respective gross negligence, wilful default or fraud. In no circumstances shall we have any liability for consequential loss or special damage.
We shall not be liable for any partial or non-performance of our obligations hereunder by reason of any cause beyond our reasonable control, including without limitation any breakdown, theft, destruction, malfunction or failure of transmission, communication or computer facilities, industrial action, acts and regulations of any governmental or supra national bodies or authorities or the failure of any relevant third party, intermediate broker, agent or principal of ourselves, custodian, sub-custodian, dealer, exchange, clearing house or regulatory or self-regulatory organization, for any reason, to perform its obligations.
You will make all your own decision to access and/or use our Platform or to enter into or execute any Transaction and/or Contract. You acknowledge and agree that our Platform does not and will not serve as the primary basis for any of your investment decisions concerning your Koinstrap Account. You are solely responsible for any investment or trading decisions you make with respect to products identified on our Platform and neither we, nor our directors, officers, shareholders, partners, member’s employees, agents, service providers, legal representatives and/or Affiliates (together our ‘Associates’) shall be responsible for determining whether any Transaction you enter into is suitable, appropriate or advisable. Neither we, nor our Associates are and will be, by virtue of providing the Platform, an advisor or fiduciary for you or any Authorized Person.
We shall have no obligation to contact you to advise upon appropriate action in light of changes in market conditions (including, without limitation, Market Disruptions) or otherwise. You acknowledge that the Market in fixed income securities is highly speculative and volatile and that, following execution of any transaction, you are solely responsible for making and maintaining contact with us and for monitoring open positions and ensuring that any further instructions are given on a timely basis. In the event of any failure to do so, we can give no assurance that it will be possible for us to contact you and we accept no liability for loss alleged to be suffered as a result of any failure by you to do so. Without limitation, neither we, nor our Associates accept any liability by reason of any delay or change in market conditions before any particular Transaction is effected.
In no event will any liability of Koinstrap, its operating entities or any other affiliates (including their respective directors, members, employees or agents) arising in relation to your use of the Platform or your Koinstrap Account, exceed (in aggregate) the fees earned by Koinstrap in connection with your use of your Koinstrap Account in the one month period immediately preceding the event giving rise to the claim for liability
Without limitation, neither we nor any of our Associates shall be liable for any loss arising from any act or omission of any Agent, Broker, Authorized Person or other third party who performs services for you.
REPRESENTATION & WARRANTIES
You represent and warrant to us, and agree that each such representation and warranty is deemed repeated each time you open or close a Transaction by reference to the circumstances prevailing at such time, that:
- the information provided to us in your application form and at any time thereafter is true and accurate in all respects;
- you are duly authorized to execute these Terms, to open each Transaction and to perform your obligations hereunder and thereunder and have taken all necessary action to authorize such execution, delivery and performance;
- you will enter into this Terms and open each Transaction as principal;
- any person representing you in opening or closing a Transaction will have been, and (if you are a legal entity) the person entering into this Terms on your behalf is, duly authorized to do so on your behalf;
- where applicable, you have obtained all governmental or other authorizations and consents required by you in connection with this Terms and in connection with opening or closing Transactions and such authorizations and consents are in full force and effect and all of their conditions have been and will be complied with;
- execution, delivery and performance of these Terms and each Transaction will not violate any law, ordinance, charter, by-law or rule applicable to you, the jurisdiction in which you are resident, or any agreement by which you are bound or by which any of your assets are affected;
- if you are an employee or contractor of a financial services firm or any other firm that has control over the financial transactions in which its employees and contractors deal, you will give us proper notice of this and of any restrictions that apply to your dealing;
- you will not use our prices for any purpose other than for your own trading purposes, and you agree not to redistribute our prices to any other person whether such redistribution be for commercial or other purposes;
- you will use the services offered by us pursuant to these Terms in good faith and, to this end, you will not use any electronic device, software, algorithm, or any trading strategy (‘Device’) that aims to manipulate or take unfair advantage of the way in which we construct, provide or convey our prices. You agree that using a Device whereby in your dealings with us you are not subject to any downside market risk will be evidence that you are taking unfair advantage of us;
- you have considered your own financial circumstances, needs and objectives and concluded that dealing in trading activities is appropriate for you. You warrant that you understand the risks, terms and conditions of Transactions entered into by trading on the Platform, (regardless of information supplied by Koinstrap) and are willing to take on those risks;
- Koinstrap does not, nor do any of its directors, officers, agents or employees, guarantee repayment of capital or payment of Income in relation to any funds deposited or any Transactions undertaken;
- no part of any funds remitted by you have been the proceeds of any illegal activity or used for any terrorist financing or money laundering activities. You agree to provide such information related to your business and financial affairs as may be reasonably requested by Koinstrap in order to comply with the Anti-Money Laundering Act or other legislative requirements; and
MARKET ABUSE & PROHIBITED TRADING TECHNIQUES
You agree that you shall not take any action or enter into any course of conduct which would breach Applicable Regulations and/or will or may alter, distort or manipulate the relevant Underlying Market in relation to any Transaction contemplated by this Terms.
You shall not unlawfully access or attempt to gain access, reverse engineer or otherwise circumvent any security measures that we have applied to our Platform and/or computer system(s). If, at our sole discretion, we were to determine that you are in breach of this clause, we reserve the right to take all action as we see fit, including, without limitation, completely blocking your access to our Platform, blocking and/or revoking your Access Codes and/or terminating your Koinstrap Account. Under these circumstances, we reserve the right to seize any profits and/or revenues generated directly or indirectly by exercising any such prohibit trading activity and we shall be entitled to inform any interested third parties of your breach of this clause; we have, and will continue to develop any tools necessary to identify fraudulent and/or unlawful access and use of our Platform.
We shall have no obligation to contact you to advise upon appropriate action in light of changes in market conditions (including, without limitation, Market Disruptions) or otherwise. You acknowledge that the trades on the over-the-counter market in leveraged financial instruments is highly speculative and volatile and that, following execution of any Transaction, you are solely responsible for making and maintaining contact with us and for monitoring your open positions and ensuring that any further instructions are given on a timely basis. In the event of any failure to do so, we can give no assurance that it will be possible for us to contact you and we accept no liability for loss alleged to be suffered as a result of any failure by you to do so.
Without prejudice to any other provisions of this Terms, you agree to indemnify us and hold us, our Affiliates and any of our Associates, harmless from and against any and all liabilities, losses, damages, costs and expenses, including, without limitation, legal fees and expenses incurred in connection with and/or directly or indirectly related with, any fraudulent and/or unlawful access and use by you of our Platform and/or the prevention and/or remediation thereof, provided that any such liabilities, losses, damages, costs and expenses would not have not arisen, but for our gross negligence, fraud or wilful default.
The Company may allow you to manage more than one trading accounts on its Platform. Such offering is only available for the management of more than one trading accounts belonging to you. You hereby represent, warrant, and agree that you will not use this facility to manage trading accounts not belonging to you without obtaining the Company’s prior written consent.
PERSONAL DATA AND PRIVACY
You acknowledge that by opening an account with us and opening or closing Transactions, you will be providing us with your personal information. You consent to us processing all such information for the purposes of performing the contract and administering the relationship between you and us. You consent to our disclosing such information:
- where we are required to by law;
- to Associated Companies;
- to service providers and business partners with whom we have a mutual relationship with;
- to such third parties as we deem reasonable;
- where it is necessary in order to prevent crime; and
- to such third parties as we see fit to assist us in enforcing our legal or contractual rights against you including but not limited to debt collection agencies and legal advisors.
You authorize us, or our agents acting on our behalf, to carry out such credit and identity checks as we may deem necessary or desirable, including requesting a reference from your bank from time to time and you agree to assist us, where necessary, in obtaining such a reference.
You authorize us or our Associated Companies or any Trading Partner to phone you or otherwise contact you at any reasonable time in order to discuss any aspect of our business or of our Associated Companies’ business or of our Trading Partner’s business. If you do not wish us or our Associated Companies or our Trading Partners to so contact you for any direct marketing activities, you must inform us in writing.
CLOSURE OF YOUR ACCOUNT
You may close your Koinstrap Account by submitting a closure request via the Help Centre. Koinstrap will act on such requests once
1. the sum of all Local Currency and digital currency balances in your Koinstrap Wallet(s) has been fully settled to your personal bank account
2. no transactions have taken place in your Koinstrap Account for a period of at least 30 days. Such requirements are designed to protect you from loss and Koinstrap will not accept a closure request until they are satisfied. You allow and acknowledge that, once your Koinstrap Account is closed:
you will have no further access to it;
- Koinstrap will be under no obligation to notify you of, or provide to you, any digital currency sent to any receive address associated with your Koinstrap Account; and
- Koinstrap reserves the right (but has no obligation) to delete all of your information and account data stored on our servers, and also reserves the right to retain any information that is required for legal or operational reasons.
- You accept and agree that Koinstrap shall not be liable to you or any third party in relation to the closure of your Koinstrap Account, the termination of access to your Koinstrap Account, or for the deletion of your information or Koinstrap Account data.
RESTRICTION, SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION
Koinstrap reserves the right to restrict, suspend or terminate your Koinstrap Account where:
- we reasonably suspend your Koinstrap Account to be the subject of an operational or any other error, in which case we may be required to suspend access to your account until such time as the error is rectified;
- we reasonably suspend your Koinstrap Account has been or is being used in relation to any unlawful, fraudulent or Prohibited Activity, or in breach of these Terms;
- we reasonably suspend you or your Koinstrap Account is or has been associated with, or poses a high risk of, money laundering, financing of terrorism, fraud, or any other financial crime;
- we reasonably suspend you of taking any action that Koinstrap considers to be a circumvention of Koinstrap’s controls, including but not limited to opening multiple Koinstrap Accounts;
- we reasonably suspect your involvement in any attempt to gain unauthorized access to any Koinstrap Account;
- your Koinstrap Account is or appears to be the subject of any legal, regulatory or government process and/or we, in our sole discretion, consider there to be a heightened risk of legal or regulatory non-compliance associated with your Koinstrap Account;
- we are compelled to do so by a prima facie valid subpoena, court order, or other binding order of a government or regulatory authority; or
- your name appears on a government or international body sanctions list.
- Koinstrap will make all reasonable efforts to provide you with notice of any decision to restrict, suspend or terminate your Koinstrap Account, unless we are prevented from doing so by any legal or regulatory process or requirement, or where doing so may compromise Koinstrap’s security and/or risk management procedures. You accept and agree that Koinstrap is under no obligation to disclose to you the fact of or reason for any decision to restrict, suspend or terminate your Koinstrap Account, and shall have no liability to you in connection with the restriction, suspension or termination of your Koinstrap Account.
Under no circumstances does any information contained on the Platform, or provided to you through your Koinstrap Account or by any employee, agent or affiliate of Koinstrap, constitute financial, investment or other professional advice.
You are solely responsible for any decision to store, buy or sell digital currency, and such decision should take into account your risk tolerance and financial circumstances. For more information on the risks involved, see Risks and the Risk Warning on the Koinstrap website. You should consult your legal or tax professional in relation to your specific situation.
You are solely responsible for determining whether, and to what extent, any taxes apply to any transactions you carry out through your Koinstrap Account, and for withholding, collecting, reporting and remitting the correct amounts of tax to the appropriate tax authorities.
You must not use your Koinstrap Account to undertake any of the activities or categories of activity set out in this section (each a “Prohibited Activity”):
- violation of any laws, statutes, ordinance or regulations;
- undertaking, facilitating or supporting criminal activity of any kind, including but not limited to, money laundering, terrorist financing, illegal gambling operations or malicious hacking;
- abusive activity, including but not limited to:
1.1 imposing an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on Koinstrap’s infrastructure, or otherwise taking any action that may negatively affect the performance of the Platform or Koinstrap’s reputation;
1.2 attempting to gain unauthorized access to the Platform or any Koinstrap Account;
1.3 transmitting or uploading any material to the Platform that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, or any other harmful programs; or
1.4 transferring your Koinstrap Account access or rights to your Koinstrap Account to a third party, unless as required by law or with Koinstrap’s prior consent.
- paying in to or otherwise supporting pyramid schemes, Ponzi schemes, matrix programs, “get rich quick” schemes, multi-level marketing programs or high-yield investment programs;
- fraudulent activity, including but not limited to taking any actions that defraud Koinstrap or a Koinstrap customer, or the provision of any false, inaccurate, or misleading information to Koinstrap;
- transactions involving items that may help facilitate or enable illegal activity; promote or facilitate hate, violence or racial intolerance; are considered obscene; or may be stolen goods or the proceeds of crime;
- transactions involving TOR markets, online gambling sites or mixers;
- sale or purchase of narcotics or controlled substances; and
- intellectual property infringement.
By opening a Koinstrap Account, you confirm that you will not use your account to undertake any of the above-listed Prohibited Activities or any similar or related activity.
Activities subject to the prior written approval of Koinstrap. Unless you have obtained the prior written approval of Koinstrap, you accept and agree that you will not use your Koinstrap Account to conduct or operate any of the following business activities or categories of activity:
- money services, including but not limited to money or digital currency transmission, currency or digital currency exchange or dealing, payment service providers, e-money or any other financial services business;
- gambling or gaming services;
- charitable or religious / spiritual organizations;
- consumer lending services, including but not limited to secured and unsecured loans, cash advances, payday lending;
- investment funds, asset management, or brokerage services.
We reserve the right to restrict, suspend or terminate your Koinstrap Account if we suspect, in our sole discretion, that you are using, or have used, your Koinstrap Account in association with any of the activities listed above, or any similar or related activity, without having obtained the prior written approval of Koinstrap.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
The Platform, your Koinstrap Account and any related products or services are offered on a strictly “as-is” and “where-available” basis and Koinstrap expressly disclaims, and you waive, all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Platform, your Koinstrap Account, and any related products or services are offered without any warranty as to merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of implied terms in consumer contracts, so some or all of the disclaimers in this section may not apply to you.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
In no event shall Koinstrap, its operating entities or any other affiliates (including their respective directors, members, employees or agents) be liable to you for any direct, indirect, special, consequential, exemplary or punitive damages or any other damages of any kind, including but not limited to loss of profit, loss of revenue, loss of business, loss of opportunity, loss of data, whether in contract, tort or otherwise, arising out of or in any way connected with your use of, inability to use, or unavailability of the Platform and/ or your Koinstrap Account, including without limitation any damages caused by or resulting from any reliance upon any information received from Koinstrap, or that result from mistakes, omissions, interruptions, deletion of files or email, errors, defects, viruses, delays in operation or transmission or any failure of performance, whether or not resulting from a force majeure event, communications failure, theft, destruction or unauthorized access to Koinstrap’s records, programs or services.
The above limitations of liability shall apply to the fullest extent permitted by law in the applicable jurisdiction. Because some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, some of the limitations in this section may not apply to you.
We will not be liable for any loss resulting from your use of the Platform, including, but not limited to, failure of electronic or mechanical equipment or communication lines, telephone or other interconnect problems, unauthorized access, the malfunction of electronic or mechanical equipment, personal computer and any lines thereto, theft, operator errors, or due to any "force majeure" (e.g. or other acts of God), and strikes or other labour problems, or to any other cause beyond the reasonable control of Koinstrap
This Agreement will be governed by English law and the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
QUERIES, COMPLAINTS AND DISPUTES
All queries and complaint should be raised with our customer support department through the support page on the platform.
Without prejudice to any of our other rights to close a Transaction under this Terms, in any case where we are in dispute with you in respect of a Transaction or alleged Transaction or any communication relating to a Transaction, we may, at our absolute discretion and without notice, close any such Transaction or alleged Transaction, where we reasonably believe such action to be desirable for the purpose of limiting the maximum amount involved in the dispute, and we will not be under any obligation to you in connection with any subsequent movement in the level of the Transaction concerned.
This Terms and each Transaction entered into with you is in all respects governed by Nigerian Law and the courts of Nigeria will have non-exclusive jurisdiction to settle any disputes that may arise in relation thereto.
Questions: If you have any questions
This document constitutes Koinstrap's complete Terms of service for Koinstrap and related services. If you have questions about these Terms of service or about Koinstrap or content thereon, please contact Koinstrap at [email protected]